Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell Federal Regional Sales Director, Civilian Federal Agency Solutions -McLean, VA
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Outside Regional Sales Director to join our team in the District of Columbia (Washington, D.C.) area. Regional Sales Director responsible for leading strategic solutions Account Executives in the achievement of assigned sales quota and goals selling Dell Technologies solutions, and building trust based relationships with government agencies. Delivers strategic business outcomes for Federal customers, Dell EMC and strategically aligned businesses (Dell, Dell EMC, VMWare, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, and Virtustream). Defines customer's acquisition strategy, available contracts for award and provides differentiated value prior to procurement to influence RFP requirements. Prospects and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops proposals. Coordinates all available account resources with representatives from pre-sales engineering, strategically aligned businesses, and 3rd party OEMs. May target specific integrators to team with on large contracts or named Federal programs.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group aligned to the customer's IT strategy
- Use Business and Strategy expertise to earn the customer's trust and align Dell EMC's capabilities to the customer's business strategy and goals
- Provides direction, development and inspiration to team members
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Manages field sales team members in the sale of the organization's products or services to specific existing named or strategic accounts on a national geographic basis
- Manages all direct field sales account managers, may manage indirect and overlay field services account managers
- Responsible for quota setting at the team/individual level
- Develops Staff - develops and provides challenging yet appropriate assignments and communicates progress toward development goals
- Responsible for organizing cross functional teams? and Dell Technologies strategically aligned businesses engagement with account
- Help lead and manage the customer?s Digital Transformation journey and deliver targeted business outcomes, helping clients successfully navigate and operate change, often through complex and political environments
- Solve the customer's product puzzle and reduce complexity from Dell EMC/Portfolio Company offerings
- 8-10 years of pre-salesexperience
- Previous 5+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role focused on data center class storage solutions
- Extensive knowledge of the following technologies, Servers, Hyper ConvergedInfrastructure, Storage Area Networks, Network Accessed Storage, Unified Storage Architectures, Storage Virtualization
- Basic storage fundamentals including but not limited to sizing methodology, fabric design, high availability design requirements, file systems and storage adapters Advanced storage functionality including snapshots, clones, thin provisioning, block based replication, file based replication, application integration requirements and capabilities
- BS Degree or experience equivalent
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.