Senior Business Systems Analyst - Investments
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Asset Management is an investment management group within Manulife Financial, with investment offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, and throughout Southeast Asia. Manulife Asset Management has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for major institutional clients and is a leading global investment management firm.
This position is for a systems support analyst / developer on the Manulife Asset Management Trade Processing and Client Reporting Systems Team. The successful applicant can expect to be involved with business requirement gathering, application development, application deployment, data analysis activities and supporting solutions that conform to Manulife standards. The candidate will need to have a breadth and depth of experience that will allow him to devise solutions that will integrate appropriately within the organization and its application frameworks Using Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio products on Windows Servers, Informatica Power Center and popular Big Data technologies.
- Hands-on technical work including relational design, SQL coding, Interface integration (ETL) work, Informatica, Big Data technologies like Hadoop, HIVE, NiFi and Hadoop development, testing, deployment and other support activities.
- Assist in preparing and presenting tactical and strategic plans for developing, integrating and supporting systems.
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans and participate in reviews.
- Maintain consistent development methodology, processes and templates, documentation and audit requirements, application code management and testing tools and strategies.
- Engaging on and challenging requirements while designing solutions based on technical knowledge of web, application and database architectures.
- Employ efficient development processes to produce high quality, maintainable solutions.
- Keep abreast of current standards, technologies, approaches and methodologies.
- Participate in re-factoring existing code for greater stability, consistency and maintainability.
- Always applying the concept of continuous improvement.
- Always focused on the growing client demand for enhanced trading and reporting support.
- Ability to understand the business processing requirements and, through the use of technology, conceptualize creative solutions to implement them.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with relational database modeling and data warehousing, STAR Schema a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Big Data Technologies – Hadoop, HIVE, Oozie and NiFi.
- Minimum one to three years of experience with Informatica. We are using version 10.
- Strong working knowledge of MS SQL Server or a similar relational DBMS.
- Ability to manage time within a matrixed organization and able to effectively multitask.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral).
- Applicable undergraduate degree or Designation in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in financial transaction processing, asset management preferred.
- Experience with the concepts of Account, Portfolio, Fund, Holdings, Transactions, Securities, Prices, Rates, Currencies, Sectors, Performance, etc.
- Action oriented, creative and proactive thinker.
Job ID : 1709990