Direct, supervise and coordinate the liquid or powder production maintenance activities of the Evansville Supply Center with a crew of ReliabilityTechnicians in a 24/7 work environment. Must be willing and able to work off-shift, weekends and Holidays to maximize opportunities for equipment availability to perform routine maintenance and equipment enhancement tasks. Supervisor team will support production on multiple shifts throughout the day.
• Perform all functions in full compliance with corporate policies and procedures and all other applicable environmental, health, safety and GMP requirements.
• Directs the maintenance work force and provides onsite expertise.
• Ensures that work is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner.
• Reviews work planning and scheduling with appropriate groups to achieve the goals of the plant.
• Ensures equipment availability is adequate to meet the operating campaign.
• Work with operations supervisors and point people to ensure Area Based Ownership activities are being executed.
• Verifies the qualifications of the Reliability Technicians and recommends training as necessary.
• Highly visible in the field.
• Champions proactive maintenance activities over reactive activities.
• Ensures timely completion of all CPMs, PMs, calibration, corrective work orders and emergency work orders to include external/internal audit finding follow-ups. Makes sure data entered into CMMS is technically accurate and complete.
• Supply technical information to the Maintenance Reliability area by identifying opportunities related to specific areas of responsibility and defines the appropriate path forward to increase site reliability.
• Align with key stakeholders to understand critical business needs.
• Support the four main pillars of reliability based maintenance strategy:
o Predictive Maintenance Technologies
o Area Based Ownership
o Maintenance Parts Delivery and Optimization
o Root Cause Analysis
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance principles.
• Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and the use of CMMS for the execution of maintenance business processes.
• Understanding of Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Condition Based Monitoring (CBM).
• Understanding of industrial electro-mechanical concepts such as PLC and field instrumentation, variable frequency drives, basic hydraulics and pneumatics, etc.
• Proven decision making skills.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team oriented environment.
• Self-starter with strong leadership, analytical, administrative and people skills.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Results oriented, accountable for decisions.
• Ability to establish rapport and energize employees to work as a team in a transitional business unit.
• Understanding of customer service support a must.
• High school diploma required with a Bachelor Degree in a technical field (i.e. mechanical, electrical, chemical engineering) or equivalent, with a minimum of 5+ years production maintenance experience and/or candidate must have 2+ years of experience in food manufacturing maintenance supervision.