Purpose of Job
Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently. Defines data quality rules and ensures the proper implementation of data quality during the creation and modification of data, according to Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality standards, guidelines, metrics and quality-expectations. Defines rules to evaluate data quality and creates effective test plans, according to Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality standards. Ensures accuracy, completeness, integrity, consistency, uniqueness, and timeliness of data. Executes Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality tests/assessments and data cleansing activities. Monitors compliance of data flows against Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality standards. Serves as liaison between business and internal and external clients.
We are currently seeking talented Data Quality Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Leverages advanced data management knowledge to define data quality and metadata processes, define data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics/quality-expectations for data elements that support critical business processes. Develops and implements data quality tests/assessments. Leads discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Establish data profiling standards and best practices. Investigates effectiveness of data quality controls and metadata capture, and identifies improvement opportunities. Consults with business and IT process owners to review the effectiveness of data quality controls and metadata capture, and aligns best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Leverages advanced knowledge to consult on the development and implementation controls to mitigate data quality risk. Monitors data quality results, reports and dashboard, and consults on data quality corrective action plans. Establishes best practices to ensure adherence to enterprise data quality programs and standards.
- Partners with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders to establish metrics for data quality process assessment. Checks and reviews failures from complex compliance assessments.
- Consults with enterprise on standards for metadata repository management, access requests, metadata association.
- Leverages advanced data management knowledge to consult on the impact of complex changes to reference data, and to coordinate requests for reference data changes that involve multiple business areas. Collaborates with enterprise data and analytic peers on reconciliation and maintenance of reference data.
- If Bachelor's degree, 6+ years experience in data management, data quality or business applications function OR If Master's degree, 4+ years experience in a data management, data quality or business applications function OR If PhD, 3+ years experience in a data management, data quality or business applications function
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline. Four additional years work experience in data management, data quality or business applications function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experiencerequired OR A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline OR A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Advanced knowledge of frequency and duplicate analysis, cross dataset dependencies, orphan `child data rows, redundancy analysis; data extraction techniques and applications.
- Advanced knowledge in Data Quality tools, SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry data & methods and demonstrated ability to connect external insights to business problems.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in: understanding and correcting data discrepancies; reading and translating data models; data querying; identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis; understanding and capability to explain Master Data Management.
- Proven ability to influence business decisions.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Job Number: R0013851