The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of civil engineering to the functional area of the assignment. Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. This position is located in Yakima, WA. We have (2) positions available.
- Roadway Design Lead for Municipal projects including the design and review of roadway models.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large transportation (highway/roadway) related projects, experience in final design (PS&E).
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work. Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Reviews plans, schedules and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Mentors less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required, Washington PE registration preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive roadway design experience is required including performing/leading design of various aspects of transportation infrastructure such as highways, local arterial streets, intersections, ADA pedestrian facilities design, channelization, signing, traffic control storm drainage design, and utility
- Working knowledge with local-city, AASHTO, MUTCD, ADA and WSDOT design standards as required
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D required
- Experience with Microstation/ InRoads preferred
- Technical ability to lead the roadway design and create design (PS&E) submittal packages
- Ability to coordinate all phases of a project
- Familiar with MS Office 2010 projects (Word, Excel, Project)