Tax Manager – Commercial Real Estate
Our client a commercial real estate firm is looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join their organization which is poised for accelerated growth. You would be joining a company which combines an entrepreneurial spirit with broad real estate expertise. Our client has created a distinctive multi million plus square foot portfolio of office, retail, and mixed-use properties. The company succeeds in wide spectrum of real estate projects, applying its in-house capabilities that integrate development, acquisition, leasing, construction, and property management.
As the Tax Manager you will manage and execute the preparation of corporate and partnership returns, and assisting with tax-related operations issues within a commercial real estate investment and management environment.
· Prepare all tax returns, extensions and quarterly estimated payments for wholly owned entities.
· Create work papers for supporting documentation and memos to support recommended tax positions.
· Maintain fixed asset schedules for each property by coordinating with property accountants and reviewing capital improvements, classifying property into appropriate tax lives and generating current and future years’ depreciation and amortization reports.
· Compute quarterly company-wide tax projections (excluding 1st quarter).
· Maintain personal transactions for company owners in QuickBooks, including generating personal checks/wire instructions, preparing deposit slips for random checks, bank reconciliations and loan/capital account reconciliations.
· Assist owners/controller with special projects (i.e. audit company-wide distributions to owners and related entities, retrieves tax files of dissolved entities and performs capital analysis).
· Perform research and prepare memos for various tax issues as they arise.
· Provide outside investors with K-1s and quarterly tax projections (excluding 1st quarter).
· Prepare personal tax returns for owners.
· Prepare monthly reconciliations of owners’ bank accounts and provides owners with copies of bank statements.
· Coordinate with outside parties the exchange of pertinent information such as copies of tax returns and financial statements used to project taxable income.
· Monitor latest tax developments by reading daily taxreport, relevant articles and attending seminars.
· Conduct software updates for tax and fixed asset programs, including locking returns and backing up work papers (in CorpSystem Workpaper Manager).
· Other duties/special projects as assigned.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in commercial real estate
- Ability to manipulate and report large amounts of data
- Advanced level MS-Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to manage multiple projects and outside service providers at the same time
- Ability to distill and present information to investors and senior-management
- CPA with advanced degree in Accounting or Tax is a plus
- Have minimum 5 or more years of tax and accounting experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, feel that you would be a good fit and are willing to discuss those specifics pleaserespond and apply at your earliest convenience.