Provide comprehensive healthcare management to facilitate delivery of appropriate quality healthcare, promote cost effective outcomes and improve program/operational efficiency involving clinical issues.
- Supervise an organized team of cross-functional team members to meet or exceed service requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Prior Authorization nurses
- Recruit, hire, train and provide ongoing career development and feedback to the staff.
- Assess and provide motivation, training and direction to the prior authorization nurses
- Serve as a process expert and resource to the team.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Audit daily production and quality of team production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse (RN) is required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in health care
- 2+ years of previous supervisory experience is required
- Ability to train employees on all products and processes is required
- Demonstrated leadership and motivation skills are required
- Effective communication and organizational skills are required
- Clear understanding of insurance products and benefits that are offered is required
The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN) is required
Functional - Nursing/Medical-Surgical Care
Functional - Leadership