Physician Leader / Chief Hospitalist / Permanent /Texas
Small Town Feel in a Big City!
Amarillo is historically known as "The Yellow Rose of Texas,” as the city takes its name from the Spanish word for yellow and has been most recently referred to as "Rotor City, USA" for its V-22 Osprey hybrid aircraft assembly plant.
- Recently voted as one of the top cities in the country to start a business and raise a family
- Clean, modern downtown with a small town feeling
- Low cost of living
- Relatively dry climate; summer days are warm to hot with low humidity with pleasant evenings
- Located near the middle of the Texas Panhandle; Amarillo sits closer in proximity to the Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado borders
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants internal mobility, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptionally qualified candidates for an opportunity to lead our well established program in Amarillo, Texas. Focus your skills on elevating the team to deliver patient-centered, quality care. You will benefit from employment with a physician-led organization recognized as a thought leader in the acute episode of care with substantial support and strong infrastructure.
As a Chief Hospitalist with Sound Physicians you will hire, mentor and develop your team. You will also be able to develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics.
- Lead this established 10 physician team with two nocturnists at a top-notch hospital
- Manageable workloads that allow you to focus on dedication to quality and patient outcomes
- Open ICU, no call
- 7 on/ 7off schedule, 12 hour shifts with focus on continuity of care
- Productivity and quality bonuses
- Competitive Compensation Package with Commencement Bonus and Relocation Allowance
Sound Physicians has robust internal support team
- Tangier physician scheduling system and staffing coordinator that handles all scheduling
- Director of Operations and Practice Coordinator to support you and your team
- Hospitalist RN to help with clinical efficiency and workflow
- Board certified internal medicine
- Active Texas license or in process of applying is acceptable