What we do:
Our Client Support Tools Engineering team builds the workflow software used by our in-house technical support team to help them deliver an excellent level of service to our large global user base. Our software takes advantage of a vast data set to allow our technical support team to quickly identify & solve whatever issues our clients face. In addition, our team provides employees and clients self-service software so they can manage their accounts and use technology such as SSO to access our software.
Bloomberg also manages one of the world's largest private data networks to help bring the financial community around the world closer together. This network is how all of our subscribers connect back to our data centers, and serves latency sensitive market data, Terminal services, Electronic Trading Platforms, Enterprise Solutions, news, and video. Our network footprint is constantly growing and the Networks Applications Engineering Team is responsible for the tools that help the Network Engineers do their job. We build the tools to help track every piece of our massive network and provide intelligence to help optimize request traffic and provide network load balancing.
No matter what team you join, you'll have the opportunity to oversee projects from ideation to production rollout. All of our engineers work across a full stack and in an agile environment (Scrum). You'll release code changes every week - sometimes even every day. Along the way, you'll collaborate with various engineering and business teams across the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Be creative, motivated and able to work in all areas of the tech stack- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility - these are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of software engineeringexperience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization
- Experience with software development on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with UI design
Requisition No. 62890