Area VP - (00016866)
The AVP, responsible for the Leadership and Management of regional based teams. This key contributor will develop and manage a team of Area Managers, focused on new business and the growth of the business.
As member of Regional Management team:
- Interpret regional sales strategy for team implementation
- Work with sales leadership to architect vertical market services
- Management and coaching of Area Managers; work with Area Managers to enable them to coach reps to approach their territories more strategically and empower managers to change the way they manage and motivate their teams
- Align sales organization structure to maximize efficiency and meet corporate objectives
- Focused responsibility for driving implementation of new sales methodologies and management disciplines
- Foster strong cross-business and cross-functional cooperation in meeting customer expectations of Gartner
- Set goals, establish metrics, measure attainment of those goals, and encourage / enforce compliance through means at his or her disposal which may include, but are not limited to, financial incentives, management support, recognition incentives, and personal credibility
- Active participation in vertical industry associations and networking events
- Raise Gartner's profile as an industry leader within specific markets
- 10 – 15years proven service related salesexperience, with a minimum of 2 years Gartner Sales Management experience
- Proven track record of superior sales performance within teams managed
- Consistent track record of achievement and overachievement of quota
- Demonstrated success in identifying key business issues and selling solutions to resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to build executive relationships and advise clients
- Ability to lead, drive, and develop team members
- Excellent understanding of Gartner Sales Process; comprehensive understanding and use of Value Selling
- Experience of managing managers
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and ability to understand broader business implication of decisions
- As leaders and associates of Gartner, we are expected to live, represent and lead the Gartner Values in all our behaviors:
- INTEGRITY – Do the right thing.
- OBJECTIVITY – Be independent and unbiased in everything we do.
- NO-LIMITS MINDSET – See opportunities where others don’t. Never settle for the status quo.
- COLLABORATION – Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- RESULTS – Execute consistently using global best practices.