Provides leadership and direction for home infusion services. Assures a full range of high-quality services that meet patient and referral source needs. Executes strategic plans and growth strategies leading to increased market share. Provides supervision to direct reports including pharmacy manager and nurse manager, to assure strategic tactics are carried out. Maintains clinical proficiency and competence in skills and theory of nutritional support infusion therapy and infection control. Staffs the agency as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure that the agency effectively serves its patients, their families and the community as evidenced by the achievement of outcomes.
- Provides a challenging, rewarding and positive environment in which an equitably compensated staff experiences a high degree of satisfaction and accomplishment in serving patients and their families.
- Through Pharmacy Manager and Nurse Manager, ensures that all clinical services and programs offered by agency, based on pre-determined protocols and standards, are implemented and monitored.
- Provides the vision and leadership for developing an operational framework that assures the accomplishment of system strategic priorities and achieves the quality, customer service and financial outcomes for the infusion program.
- Maintains clinical proficiency and staffs the agency approximately 50% of the time, or as needed, to assure client care.
- Assures the development of a comprehensive quality improvement program that facilitates achievement of quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with support staff to assure quality improvement activities result in positive outcomes for patients and attain desired quality benchmarks for the agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a culture of responsibility and accountability for results at the level of organization closest to the patient and clients. Assures accountability for clinical, quality and customer service outcomes rests at the individual employee level.
- Guides and oversees the implementation of clinical service delivery policies and Human Resource standards, procedures and policies related to the delivery of home care.
- Provides leadership, advice and counsel to associates to ensure that infusion services meet all licensure, accrediting and regulatory guidelines and regulations, minimizes liability, reduces risk and maintains a positive licensure accreditation and waiver status.
- Assures the established systems for financial operations are managed effectively and efficiently – billing, information systems, payroll, etc.
- Develops agency budgets in collaboration with the Vice President of Operations and Finance Department.
- Monitors volumes/revenue and expenses to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Analyzes gross profit factors, market conditions, business volume/mix, competition and operational costs/requirements.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Operations and the Director of Finance to negotiate contracts as required for the provision of services.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Operations on proposals or recommendations (with applicable supporting documentation) to be considered by the Senior Leadership Team for changes to business focus, direction or other strategic plans which have a significant or policy impact.
- Assesses market potential for assigned areas and in collaboration with the Vice President of Operations develops annual business plans. Assures growth strategies are executed leading to increased market share.
- Assure that tactics and strategies defined in the strategic plan and system strategic priorities are implemented and evaluated. Collaborates with organization leaders in developing services that meet the needs of referral sources and patients in communities served.
- Attends course/seminars/workshops and reviews industry publications.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements by participating on the state and national level.
- Maintains awareness of and participates in legislation that impacts business operations and liability.
- Communicates with physicians and other medical community members to represent Ministry Home Care’s values in assisting with the serving of their patients.
- Acts as a liaison or representative to various institutions or organizations that may jointly serve Ministry Home Care patients to assure that cooperative, effective relationships are developed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Baccalaureate preparation in nursing or health-related field
- RN with baccalaureate degree in health related field would also be considered
- Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Wisconsin
- Master’s degreepreferred
- If incumbent is a Registered Nurse or Registered Pharmacist, current licensure in the State of Wisconsin is required and CPR Certification
- Current driver’s license, use of care and proof of auto insurance
- Requires three to five (3-5) years of progressive responsibility in a leadership role in home health/hospice or home infusion, with emphasis on knowledge of regulations and operations
- Travel between our Milwaukee, Neenah, and Marshfield locations. May require overnight stays.