We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets.
Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Typical job functions include participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex application software products (planning services and real time decision aids/services) which our customers use to manage, and control assets in the field. You will work on Advanced Command and Control Applications leveraging Web services, messaging protocols between systems, graphical interface design, plug in OSGI infrastructure, HTML5, and advanced visualization techniques. As part of the team you will be responsible for some or all of the software portion of the product, contributing as a software team member, and directing a small software team. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from requirements analysis, through architecture and design, implementation, integration and test, and off site customer and supplier integration and test activities. You will work and learn in an engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
Why Choose Raytheon
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We supportcareer development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
- One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
- Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
- A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of WorkforceDiversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
- 6+ years of work related experience with application software development.
- Experience spanning software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Software development experience with JAVA or related languages.
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE.
- Occasional travelrequired.
- US Citizenship
- Previously approved for a DOD Secret Clearance or must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting*
- As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the DOD Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
- Experience leading small teams of software engineers.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Experience with Software Architecture.
- Experience with OSGi/Eclipse Plugin Framework.
- Experience with JMS (Java Messaging Service).
- Experience with Web Server security/authentication configuration experience (specifically, Jetty).
- Experience with Adobe Flex/ActionScript.
- Experienceworking with DCGS-A services (CAS, Ozone, XMPP, ArcGIS, DDS).
- Experienceworking with EW Sensors/Sensor Networks.
- Experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Experience with GIS development.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experiencesupporting Customer/Supplier Integration/Test events.
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Desired Education: Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, Math, Physics or related field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Requisition ID 100849BR