PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the U.S. including Salt Lake City, Denver, Minneapolis and Charleston, South Carolina. We are looking for a Director of National Accounts. PlanSource sells through insurance brokers and carriers, and does not sell direct to employers, so this position is focused on growing our existing book of business through our National Accounts and their regional offices.
This role is highly visible and important at PlanSource, and involves collaborating with various internal departments including Implementation, Account Management, and Marketing. The Director of National Accounts will be a remote position and will report directly to the AVP of National Accounts.
About the Position
As the Director of National Accounts, you will be responsible for increasing the number of Benefit Administration and Human Capital Management (HCM) lives with PlanSource and specifically within National Accounts. This is accomplished through deep and focused key account management, thought leader development, creating value based solutions, customizing tools, co-marketing, and aligning resources to customer needs. The successful Director of National Accounts will gain deep account knowledge, become an integrated partner and establish value beyond product offerings. High performing team members will work closely with both the Implementation Project Lead to integrate Benefit Administration and Human Capital Management lives in all key functional areas within the National Account. Key competencies include the ability to identify opportunities to bring added value to key accounts, assess business needs, execute new strategies and tactics, effective customer communication across multiple layers of management (including C Suite level), implement account plan development and execution, and develop and present strategic plans.
The Director of National Accounts will:
- Achieving growth targets as defined by the AVP of National Accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationship with all key decision makers and contacts for National Accounts. Relationships will need to be established across executive levels.
- Understand that large partners will have unique requirements that will potentially require flexibility and more integrated work flows and systems. Work to accommodate unique National Accounts needs while ensuring a level of rigor and scalability that ensures high quality and efficient results.
- Maximize sales opportunities by recognizing how National Accounts prospective customers can get the most out of our product portfolio and suggest solutions to help each regional office capitalize on opportunities.
- Work closely with Implementation Project Leads to implement and manage strategic initiatives.
- Identify and create initiatives to help broker’s improve their business processes and remove roadblocks within both Sales and Operations.
- Create strategies to overcome weaknesses, minimize competitive threats, capitalize on their strengths, and identify opportunities at the corporate and regional levels.
- Create sales and marketing strategies to include materials, communications, and demonstrations and/or seminars, with the Marketing department’s support.
- Lead National Account meetings to review current functionality issues and identify potential upcoming issues. Participate, partner with, and contribute towards providing immediate workarounds and long term resolutions and prevention.
- Assist the Sales department with large client presentations and site visits.
- Become an expert in PlanSource’s products & services.
- Provide reporting updates to internal teams and management.
- Contribute to and maintain Standard Operating Process Documents (SOPS) and other processes performed.
- Complete job-related training courses and/or seminars, as may be required for the job and/or assigned by Manager.
- Track opportunities – ensure that all potential customers and other opportunities are tracked in Salesforce and each interaction is logged.
- Determine client priorities across National Accounts Channel.
- Visit National Accounts on a quarterly basis to perform Stewardship/Quarterly Business Review (QBR) meetings.
- Work with the AVP of National Accounts and AVP of Account Management to develop client strategies.
- Partner with Ongoing Service Teams to deliver high quality services to each client.
- Bring subject matter experts from the organization into client relationship as needed to address specific issues and projects.
- Maintain client activity utilizing our internal CRM (Salesforce).
- Participate with and coordinate with other departments regarding client specific issues including billing and collections.
- Solicit sales leads from clients.
- Communicate, negotiate, and manage contractual changes with clients.
- Develop metrics to report to National Accounts.
- All other duties as deemed necessary by management.
As a Director of National Accounts, you are a seasoned professional with Benefits Administration that has experiencing working with C-Suite executives and driving corporate growth strategies. You are the kind of person who has a focus on results. In addition, your qualifications/skills include:
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired.
- 8-10+years in a visible client management within Benefits Industry.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a leadership capacity.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service and orientation skills
- Ability to be an effective team member
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have ability to travel as required (approx. 25%)
What We Offer
- Great compensation package, with bonus potential based on achieving objectives, plus competitive benefits and perks.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity to make a big impact.
- Travel will be required for this position, approximately 25%.
Top five reasons to come to PlanSource:
#5: The size is right. Join an established tech company that’s growing fast but is still small enough for you to have a big impact.
#4: You can grow and develop professionally. PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions within the company and within the sales team.
#3: The benefits industry is on fire. Ongoing regulatory changes create an urgent and pervasive need in the marketplace for technology.
#2: PlanSource has the right product. Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that has a mobile-friendly UI and meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#1: PlanSource is the right company. Join an up-and-coming high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families.