Responsible for defining, developing and maintaining the product portfolio of Hydro-Chem and for defining the general collaboration strategies in alignment with the global business function of the HS product line. Additionally, responsible for coordinating the standardization and improvement activities in the context of Product Life Cycle Management. Along with managing the Hydro-Chem customer service team in alignment with the global customer service business function to manage proposals and projects related to: Spare parts, studies, maintenance, technical field services and revamps and assisting existing clients with trouble shooting problems.
The Customer Service & Product Manager shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Identify innovation and development of processes, technologies, or equipment in cooperation with the Engineering, Project Execution, Sales, and Process Engineering departments where needed to improve quality, cost, on-time delivery or operating performance.
- Define and align standard global requirements for product / plant design, including region-specific code requirements and customer requirements.
- Drive product standardization and modular product platforms.
- Oversee implementation of Linde Gas Standard Requirements and manage information transfers between Hydro-Chem, Linde Engineering, and Linde Gas.
- Manage product knowledge and lessons learned, including oversight of corrective actions arising from lessons learned.
- Support and advise the project managers and engineering heads in implementation of LGSR and relevant product standards.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal and external business development plan to increase order intake and return on sales for customer service and shop work.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and direct report activities in a business-like, efficient, productive and organized manner.
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Take correct action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Effectively communicate any needs including personnel or other resources to the Director of Process Engineering. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Maintain project schedules and cost controls within the bounds of their authority.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of systems, procedures, standards and specifications to ensure existing and future customer service and shop proposals and projects are executed as efficiently as possible.
- Coordinate with the Legal department in agent/business partner agreements.
- Assist and coordinate the decision making process for technical problems in the department and on projects.
- Support and coordinate proposal activities and cost estimates including utilization of sales force to meet company goals for customer service and shop related work.
- Support the development of manpower forecasts, budgets and department staffing levels.
- Secure the prescribed order intake at the target profit level and at acceptable risk levels.
- Develop strong working relationships with all departments as required to design and customize client solutions.
- Creates and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them best possible service.
- Manage the execution of customer service projects with a focus on maintaining or improving the as-sold profit level for the project.
- Maintain log of order intake and profit level.
- Check for outstanding payments and follow up as needed.
- Plan and coordinate with project managers and shop in advance to avoid or reduce any impact due over loading of the shop.
- Develop lessons learned based on customer feedback into Hydro-Chem’s product portfolio. Similarly, responsible for rolling out developments to existing clients as part of customer service.
- Responsible for sales and execution of shop work for internal (e.g. LNG Vaporizers) and external clients that are not related to Hydro-Chem’s core Hydrogen plant business.
- Learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism in all communications, actions and decisions.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, MBA preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in technical sales preferred.
- Experience in project engineering, project management or operations preferred.
- Knowledge of Company's products as pertaining to spare parts sales
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- Flexibility to work on a broad bandwidth of different topics (technical, commercial, workflows, etc.)
- Possess a broad understanding of each engineering discipline.
- Effective management and leadership skills, and ability to promote change management.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, Lotus Notes, and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.