Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing or Director of Marketing, Athletics
This position is available at either the Assistant Athletic Director (AD) level, or at a lower level Director and will report to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Operations.
- Implementation of comprehensive marketing and promotional outreach programs and plans for 15 NCAA Division I sports.
- Supervise all in-game and special eventpromotions including planning, design, and execution of plans to build brand awareness and enhance game-day atmosphere.
- Assist with implementation of season ticket campaigns and single game sales including developing media plan to include the design of ticket print materials, television and radio spots.
- Coordinate development of television spots, radio spots, print advertisements, schedule cards, posters and other marketing collateral.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase levels of student involvement. Including, but not limited to, appearing at student group meetings, orientation, working closely with Student Government, Recreational Sports, Student Affairs and Residence Life to provide activities for students in conjunction with athletic events.
- Coordinate community outreach programs with coaches and student-athletes (i.e., Lumberjacks C.A.R.E. program, coaches' luncheon, civic organizations).
- Assist with the development and execution of a social media plan along with the Director of Digital Media.
- Administrative oversight of the Cheer and Dance program to include mascot appearances.
- Responsible for oversight and management of marketing budgets.
- Supervise GA and studentworkers designated to the Marketing Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities if hired as the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing:
- Responsibility for marketing and promotional outreach program and plan development, as well as implementation.
- Member of Athletics Department Senior Staff.
Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, marketing, sports management, or public relations AND 4 years of demonstrated experience in a collegiate athletics marketing and promotions which includes coordinating special events, creating marketing plans and working with volunteer groups, including student employees and student organizations.
Director of Marketing:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or public relations, two years demonstrated experience in collegiate athletics in the area of marketing, promotions, or sales, AND previous experience coordinating special events, OR any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Master's Degree
- Experience in direct marketing and sales in Division I athletics
- Experience working with Student Groups
- Experience with Social Media Plans
- Proficient use of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding, compliance, and commitment to all NCAA, Big Sky Conference and institutional rules.