We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Serves as a Mercy Receivables Business Analyst for all Mercy communities. Primary responsibility fo this position is to monitor daily and monthly activities related to billing, collections and financialreporting. Responsible for speciality, ad hoc, and routine reporting and pro-active analytical support relating to accounts receivable. Provides support to Clairyt ReportDevelopers. Performs activities on specific projects within Mercy as identified. Provides support with periodic audits of the department assigned to and communication of internal or external changes affecting department. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Serves as a Mercy Receivables Business Analyst for all Mercy communities. Primary responsibility fo this position is to monitor dailyr daily and monthly activities related to billing, collections and financialreporting. Responsible for speciality, ad hoc, and routine reporting and pro-active analytical support relating to accounts receivable. This position will participate in Epic focus groups whose purpose is to optimize department performance through enhanced Epic build. Performs activities on specific projects within Mercy as identified. Monitors ongoing performance, and will calculate monthly co-worker production for the department co-workers. Provides support with periodic audits of the department assigned to and communication of internal or external changes affecting department. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Monitors assigned section(s) work flow to include work queue aging, conduct quality audits and proactively develops co-workers to perform to the best of their ability. Performance issues are documented for further action by management .
- Advises supervisor/manger of internal progress and problems and of external problems which may hinder the completion of work within the section.
- Recommends solutions to problems. Assists with development of objectives and performance standards for section(s) assigned.
- Leads/participates in groups or task forces to accomplish special assignments.
- Reviews and evaluates business office processes for improved workflows, improvements in procedures and/or training guides.
- Produces analytical reports to evaluate accounts receivable problems, identify payer performance degradation, and communicates analysis to leadership.
- Maintains a superior quality standard and acts as an expert resource to other coworkers.
- Ability to audit the work of others, find patterns requiring improvement and suggest action plans for remediation.
- Possess time management skills which include complex analysis and organizational skills to meet project guidelines and timeframes
- Uses and demonstrates an expert level of understanding of the patient accounting computer system, including system reports and security procedures.
- Serves as a resource for technical knowledge and skills of computer system. Maintains current Epic proficiency level for applicable role (EUPA = End User Proficiency Assessment).
- Models collaborative behavior with other staff members to accomplish work and departmental projects.
- Models positive and professional communication skills. Provides information and assistance to others regarding billing/business office procedures.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Communicates professionally with outside parties such as the bank, collection agencies, third party payers and others.
- Maintains expert level of working knowledge of the department.
- Works with staff members in an advisory role to disseminate information about policies and procedures and share expertise/experience with others.
- Is knowledgeable in Department and Health System policies and practices. Demonstrates expert proficiency in Patient Accounting procedures, such as determining contractual allowances, interpreting denials, entering transactions, and interpreting others' transactions and account notes.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: Bachelors Degree or related work experience required.
Experience: A minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience required.
Other: •Interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills required. •Must possess ability to work in stressful situations, meet deadlines, and perform daily responsibilities with consistent accuracy. •Ability to use logic, good judgment and be able to rapidly identify and initiate corrective actions when problems arise. •Must be able to communicate effectively providing good written and oral direction to co-workers. •Must be able to deal effectively with VBO management and co-workers in demanding situations.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. ModernHealthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Requisition ID 2017-752935