The Neurosciences sales specialist is responsible for effectively managing a defined territory with focus on health care providers in that area. The Neurosciences specialist will be responsible for building preference for Lilly as a respected partner in Neurosciences, grow customer value metric scores, exceed sales targets, effectively engage customers, have a business ownership mindset, and effectively implement corporate strategies.
- Represent Lilly as a leader in the Neurosciences community and marketplace
- Track record of sales success: Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
- Demonstrate execution excellence within the assigned territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
- Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
- Identify and develop influential business relationships with the focus on anticipating and exceeding needs, with key customers, influencers, prescribers, speakers, thought leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations.
- Focus on developing and building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for neurology patients within the territory.
- Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice.
- As a business owner, provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
- Assist and coordinate critical activities with physicians and office staff through the drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
- Collaborate and partner with peers in the Neurosciences sales organization, brand team and Field Reimbursement Managers to deliver a world class customer experience
- Collaborate with access specialists, and other commercial partners to ensure a positive patient experience with treatment.
Utilize Strategic Account Management to build sustainable customer relationships and value delivery
- Use Strategic Account Management to understand and map patient flow and referral patterns from HCPs in assigned geographies
- Identify decision criteria and barriers for early detection, diagnosis, and treatment for patients (including protocols, care pathways, specialty referral, etc.)
- Utilize Lilly resources that enhance the customer experience among the HCPs
- Promote product portfolio to HCPs through value-based conversations and communicate safety, efficacy, and treatment expectations
Disease State and Neuroscience Market Knowledge
- Have external focus and develop deep knowledge of Neurosciences industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product and competitor knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong market, system, and site of care knowledge in their local ecosystem
- Aggressively pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
- Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team.
- Earn reputation throughout the Neurosciences community as a subject-matter expert and a valued resource.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
- Completion of Pre-Employment Screen (PES) (Does not apply to internal candidates)
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Minimum five years salesexperience with either neurosciences and/or biologics/in-office infusions
- Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
- Product launch experience, particularly in a new therapeutic class
- Experience or thorough understanding of specialty pharmacy distribution model
- Ability to incorporate the “total office” selling approach/account management
- Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
- Experience in non-sales role such as marketing, six sigma, operations, or affiliate leadership
- Experience in a multi-channel (collaborative) selling environment
- Adapt quickly to a changing marketplace and should be flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Patient centric mindset
- Proven ability to lead the service value chain – exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance – across team, peers and leadership.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales expectations
- Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity while making the product experience simple for the customer