CGI is looking for a Senior Developer to join our Federal Business Unit in our Lafayette,LA office who will support the EPA account team. The project is a Service Oriented Architecture-based network that handles the exchange of environmental data between EPA and its stakeholders (states, tribes, municipalities, private industry). The program builds, operates, and maintains this network and is responsible for building the data flows and environmental applications that operate on and integrate on the network.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Developer will be responsible for assisting multiple project teams in architecting solutions, determining appropriate coding strategies and tools, and ensuring quality products are produced.
- Proposal of technical architecture
- Leading technical design
- Writing and reviewing source code
- Participation in testing efforts
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Leading a technical team
- Direct interaction with clients
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum 7 years experience in software development and IT consulting.
- Development team management experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience with Java as primary language, including Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, Maven, and Git. Spring Boot and Docker experience a plus.
- Experience buidling and supporting applications that follow a Single-Page Architecture framework (e.g., Knockout, Angular, etc)
- Oracle Database experience required; MongoDB experience a plus
- Experience using IaaS and PaaS offerings from Microsoft and Amazon
- Experience authoring and consuming SOAP and REST web services
- Providing technical solutions to clients
- Can work well balancing multiple assignments
- Knowledge of the full software life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Excellent communication skills are a must (writing, presenting, etc.)
- US citizenship is required
-Will accept candidates with a Masters degree and 7 years of relevant experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Position ID: J0817-0780