Essential functions include but are not limited to...
- Develop, monitor, and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing alternate methods for corrective action.
- Review schedules with project team members on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule.
- Analyze schedules from A/E firms, Vendors and General Contractors.
- Verify schedule integrity and evaluate logic and float paths.
- Analyze change orders for schedule impacts.
- Perform job-site walks to verify physical progress of scheduled activities.
- Work closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising your independence as a planning engineer so you're in a position to advise project management on issues requiring judgment.
- Candidate will need to balance multiple projects that will likely be executed in multiple locations and by multiple contractors. Candidate must be flexible and able to balance / prioritize multiple priorities.
- Provide interface and quality assurance to Project functional groups and contractors regarding the tracking and reporting of schedule performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Project Controls and Operation Team
The successful candidate possesses:
- A thorough knowledge of company's contracting, finance, purchasing, engineering, and controls procedures as well as advanced knowledge of equipment and construction techniques required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Knowledge of Project Controls processes and best practices a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Proficient with usage of scheduling/document management databases (e.g. P6, Procore)
- Advanced knowledge of all general construction methods including but not limited to concrete, ironwork, masonry, etc.
- Education: Accredited four (4) yeardegree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or other related field
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the construction industry
- Due to varied conditions, workers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies for every situation.
- Extended travel and/or temporary, periodic relocation may be necessary