- Executes customer service programs (CARA, Star Service, Mystery Shop Program) and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Supervises and coaches retailassociates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor etc.
- Monitors the maintenance of Customer Service, Sizing and Markdowns to corporate goal.
Merchandise Processing , In-Store Marketing and Store Appearance
- Urgently approaches processing merchandise to the selling floor within company timeframe.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized utilizing Ross Merchandising Philosophy and Guidelines.
- Ensures markdowns are processed according to policy on an accurate and timely basis.
- Maintains a high standard of house keeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
- Manages store recovery to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Monitors inventory shortage programs in store and monitors programs to ensure compliance. Understands company and store inventory results and goals.
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and store shortage goals.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
General Operating Requirements
- Understands the Star Visit program and is directly involved with Visit feedback and follow-up as needed.
- Analyzes monthly store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall store performance.
- Addresses any variance to company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by management.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers and non-exempt Associates.
- .Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentives programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensure compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages Employee Relations issues, consulting with District Managers as needed.
- Maintains adherence to company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Ensure compliance of all state, local and federal regulations.
- Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Five or more years of store management experience in a retail environment.
- Must maintain a high level of customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to store personnel at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion.