Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience). Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Systems Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Participates in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification)
- Performs interface definition studies of system components and products under direct supervision
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Receives detailed instructions from immediate supervisor
- Generally works within an identified work group
- Some contact with Deputy Program Manager Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering Department
- Travel may be required
- Security clearance may be required
- Works on problems of limited scope
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of the systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Working knowledge of the system engineering process
- Good ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Good ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Good awareness of business objectives
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker
- Good ability to clearly recognize and report information relevant to sound systems engineering design