Primary Purpose: Using Six Sigma methodology, runs projects to deliver project cost, quality, and time objectives established by their Champion and Manager. Assists the functional departments and specific business divisions during the planning and implementation stages of Six Sigma projects. Provides technical leadership, mentorship, and training to Black Belts in operational or transactional environments. Generally has achieved six-sigma black belt certification. University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 Years suggested minimum experience. Primary Duties:
- Lead teams in Breakthrough/Best-In-Class performance improvement on smaller scooped projects, usually within the area of the Black Belt's expertise.
- Mentor otherBlack Belt I’s on continuous improvement team
- Act on Statements of Work once the projects are "Identified and Recognized" by the leader.
- Impact Operational Cost and lead projects that meet the minimum economic value required.
- Participate in project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions, and other appropriate leadership levels on at least a monthly basis.
- Effectively work with team membership and secure team member participation.
- Identify barriers to project success and solicit help from champions as needed.
- Train project team members in basic Six Sigma.
- Mentor and coach project team members.
- Track project performance in CI database to assure timely completion and achievement of quality ant savings goals.
- Complete "Lessons Learned" document and share best practices with otherBlack Belts.
- Attend required basic training and acquire needed skills.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field required
- Experience in Six Sigma, TMS, or related discipline required
- Demonstrated project management experiencerequired
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in PLC programming a plus
- Possess basic statistical knowledge and the ability to learn and applystatistics to process and product improvement projects.
- Basic understanding, or ability to learn, Lean Manufacturing/Lean Office concepts.
- Demonstrated high level performance in current or previous position
- Ability to become a highly effective communicator: verbal, written, and presentation.
- Ability to become highly skilled in the areas of leadership, analysis, and PC applications.
- Requires 10% travel