Manager - Global Automotive Consulting
5 - 7 years experience • Automotive
Be where the voice of the consumer meets the value of the brand. At J.D. Power, you’ll be at the heart of commerce, working for a worldwide leader whose intelligence and insights are shaping the way people sell, and the way people buy.
Title: Manger, Global Automotive Consulting
Location: Troy, MI
Reports to: Director, Global Automotive Consulting
The Role: This position supports J.D. Power’s Automotive Consulting Group’s efforts to align Voice of the Customer requirements to drive quality improvements, at various stages of the product development process at Suppliers and OEMs. The primary focus of this position will be on the user experience perspective on infotainment systems, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), future mobility, connectivity and ridesharing, among other areas including conducting full vehicle evaluations.
The Automotive Consulting Group has teams that work with nearly every OEM, as well as major Suppliers, throughout the world with the goal of assisting them in improving vehicle quality from a “Voice of the Customer” perspective. The person who fills this position will be a key member of the teams that successfully execute consulting engagements to align customer needs and expectations, resulting in higher owner satisfaction.
- Assist in all phases of a client engagement from planning to executing to providing deliverables.
- Run and analyze syndicated study data to support upcoming projects.
- Participate in client on-site evaluations of components (e.g., infotainment systems, instrument clusters, heads up displays, ADAS, etc.) and full vehicles to identify problem areas from a “Voice of the Customer” perspective.
- Run and analyze syndicated study data to support project observations and recommendations.
- Assist with report writing of project findings.
- Present findings at the client.
- Provide analytical and marketing material creation to support business development opportunities.
- Provide support for manager’s responsibilities specific to the Mobility Disruptor’s Taskforce (e.g., autonomous vehicles, connectivity, ridesharing, electrification, etc.)
- A minimum 5+ years in product planning, user experience, consulting, or research experience is preferred.
- Experience in Automotive or Technology sectors with emphasis on infotainment systems, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and future technologies is necessary.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills, as well as strong client and project management skills.
- Ability to thrive working in a team environment but also ability to work independently.
- Advanced computer skills including extensive PowerPoint and Excel experience. Familiarity with mTab is preferred.
- Availability for frequent domestic / international travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
The Career Opportunity: The position primarily supports the Consulting Group’s grow initiatives with both traditional and non-traditional (e.g., Connectivity, Mobility, etc.) automotive Suppliers. The position is a Manger role with client facing and reporting assignments. The position has potential for growth, as experience and skills increase.
The Team / The Business: Being a member of the Consulting Group will provide this employee with the opportunity to be part of a team that works with advanced vehicles, components and technology, representing the voice of the customer in the product development process. Within the company, this employee will interact with multiple members of the various Consulting Group’s teams, as well as the Sales team. This employee would primarily work on Supplier team, but would also rotate to other project teams, as needs arise. Each project team generally consisting of 3-5 people and the duration of a project is typically 2-4 weeks.
Our Hiring Manager says: We are looking for someone who is excited about technology and improving the user experience. We need someone who can support the Automotive Consulting Group in developing and executing projects that focus on improving vehicle and component quality. We often have multiple projects running simultaneously, so the right person for this role will be able to multi-task, and are flexible enough to change focus as needed. Having strong time management skills is also important. This employee must be comfortable working independently, being able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines. Additionally, the desire and ability to work in a team environment is also critical, as this person will participate as a team member/evaluator on projects.
Who We Are
Since 1968, companies around the world have trusted J.D. Power to generate and gather the consumer insights that illuminate and inform business success. At J.D. Power we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Together, these principles empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. Beyond our proven process, J.D. Power’s strength is its people. They offer diverse disciplines, talents, and expertise, but share one common goal: to generate growth and long-term value for our clients. Our scientists, Ph.D. level statisticians and methodologists, ensure our research meets the highest scientific quality standards and provides advanced statistical support. J.D. Power represents the science of customer satisfaction in any language, to consumers and businesses worldwide.