The Customer Experience Research Manager is central to the success of Genworth’s customer experience strategy. The right candidate will have deep expertise in the customer experience disciplines of customer understanding, measurement and strategy. They will develop an accurate, consistent, and shared understanding of who our customers are, what they want, and how they perceive the interactions they’re having with the Genworth today. They will deliver a customer experience measurement program and a segmentation approach to thoughtfully target product and service offerings based on customer needs and preferences.
- Deliver actionable insights about customer trends, needs, and satisfaction along with intelligence on market trends and other external forces driving opportunities or threats that could impact our business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business leaders to understand the customer landscape and business strategy, in order to design and execute market research plans to guide data driven decisions.
- Leverage your knowledge of and experience with the latest research and analytics technologies to solve complex business problems.
- As a trusted advisor to business unit leaders, you will help cultivate a culture of customer centricity and help promote data-driven decisions by providing actionable insights and market intelligence when, where and how it is needed. You also will work with business partners to embed customer voice into critical processes with the goal of driving continuous improvement and profitable revenue growth.
- Delivers a Customer Experience measurement system that can quantify the impact through switching, loyalty, retention, New Insurance Written
- Analyze and interpret data to provide data-driven recommendations and deliver compelling presentations to stakeholders at all levels of the organization to influence senior level professionals based on actionable insights
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive customer insights into measurable customer experience enhancements
- Lead the formulation of VOC survey program requirements, providing expert consultation and sharing best practices.
- Work with customer experience champions within business units to develop the appropriate research to measure customer experience.
- Communicate customer needs appropriately to various internal stakeholders
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years in customer experience research and analytics
- Ability to synthesize data from a wide variety of sources and highly skilled in analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated expertise in market and customer research methodologies and proven knowledge of the latest tools and techniques to capture, analyze, and disseminate actionable customer insights
- Highly analytical with a track record of fact-informed decision making. Mastery of MS Excel, MS PPT, MS Access, and SAS.
- Expertise in survey research and questionnaire design
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Operates with a high degree of urgency and ownership to drive issues and tasks to completion
- Good customer and executive presence
- Ability to travel up to 40% and work extended hours when needed
- Insurance/financial services experiencepreferred
- Significant project management experience and/or certification
- Vendor relationship management
- Advanced degree
- The duties and responsibilities of this role require that the position be physically based in the USMI headquarter office in Raleigh, NC