As a Branch Manager I, the key responsibilities are the administration and efficient daily operation of the branch in operational integrity, relationship sales management, customer service excellence, branch security and facilities. Requires minimal individual outside cold calling efforts, as this role is to focus more on the Branch operations, expanding customer relationships, and positively influencing and developing staff. Must be able to partner well with other LOB’s and work closely with Branch Lenders/President to agree upon strategies that deliver on Branch profitability. Manager is to adhere to and deliver communications concerning all branch activities in accordance with bank strategies, policies, and procedures through regular staff meetings. Responsible for hiring and management of branch staff.
- Manages employees, organizes and directs activities, maximizes branch profitability, provides high level of quality customer service, and has overall daily operational responsibility for the performance of a full service branch.
- Recruits, selects, trains, motivates, and develops assigned staff; completes and conducts performance appraisals; acts as final authority for issue resolution at branch level.
- Oversees organization and execution of branch relationship sales management, operational integrity, and service excellence processes and procedures to maximize customer service; staff productivity, and operational efficiencies.
- Ensures staff compliance with bank regulations, requirements, and procedures; ensures staff follows operational and security policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages profitable, multi-product relationships with individuals, small businesses, and small business management teams.
- Calls on existing customers to deepen and enhance banking relationships based on client needs.
- May be called upon to participate on joint calls with lender(s) as a product knowledge expert.
- Achieves and/or exceeds established branch performance and personal production goals; ensures that staff members meet established personal and production goals.
- Manages cost effectiveness of the branch to maximize profitability.
- Educates branch staff on CRA requirements including documentation; directs overall CRA efforts for the branch.
- Oversees relationship selling efforts of branch staff; facilitates staff referrals and working relationships with other LOB partners.
- Key person responsible for satisfactory audits and a variety of branch reporting related to branch activities as a whole.
- Approves customer overdrafts and other transactions in accordance with established authority levels/limits.
- Establishes and oversees staff training and development plans; coaches employees daily in appropriated operational practices and methods.
- Receives and resolves routine and/or difficult customer issues and inquiries.
- Manages the facility needs of the Branch.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiencerequired. For degree, Business or related field preferred.
- 3 or more years of related experience in banking with at least two years of previous supervisory experience in a branch setting.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Federal Reserve and other regulatory guidelines and operating procedures as well as general bank operations related to the servicing of checking accounts, ATMs, and other bank services.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.