This position is for a Quality Systems Specialist and will be part of the San Antonio Site Quality Assurance leadership Team, leading a group of inspectors and quality specialists in the performance of day-to-day work supporting USAF and International Customers.
The primary role of this position is in support of the Sites Executive Transport Quality team based on FAA Repair Station and Government Military derivative aircraft, i.e. 747, 757, 737 type aircraft. Responsibilities will include providing day to day operational leadership to a group of experienced inspection team members, developing an intimate understanding of the platform Statement of Work, and assuring execution and compliance to the established requirements.
Additional tasks may be, but not limited to:
• Leading Quality reviews of proposals, contracts, regulatory, program and customer requirements to develop quality assurance strategies, plans and tests for hardware and software products, processes and services ensuring early quality involvement in program development.
• May develop Quality budget and cost estimates. Develops and implements processes for determining, verifying and meeting requirements.
• May be required to perform Inspections which may include coordination with the customer in support of DD 250 processing and nonconformance processing and management.
• Maintains processes, procedures and metrics to assure program, contract, customer and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
• Leads stakeholders in analysis of unfavorable process data, customer complaints and metric results formulating a mitigation plan utilizing the closed loop preventive / corrective action process.
• Analyzes data to provide recommendations for complex nonconforming conditions on materials, parts and equipment.
• Performs Corrective Action investigations on complex aircraft systems.
• Works under limited direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
BGS Safety Qlty & Compliance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
• If applicable, please indicate clearly on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with date received.
• Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
• Experience interpreting engineering drawings and specifications, including but not limited to AMM, CMM, DoD technical orders.
• Experience reviewing Statements of Work, allocating requirements, and developing support strategies including staffing plans and forecasts, Supplier Flow Downs, and customer compliance requirements.
• More than 6 years of experience in the inspection of Aircraft and parts, components, assemblies or units.
• More than 6 years of experience performing quality inspections conformity inspections for Supplemental Type Certificates.
• More than 10 years’ experience with testing, troubleshooting and repair of Mechanical Electronics Structural and Electrical systems.
• Quality Inspector experience.
• FAA Airframe and Power plant certification is highly desired.
• More than 5 years of experience working wide body (Twin Isle) Aircraft.
• 1-3 years of experience with Very Important Person (VIP) Aircraft.
• Commercial and Military aircraft maintenance and modification experience.
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
Job ID 1700016900