Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
You've gained a high level of experience in GC. Here's where you take it further. Join a dynamic market-leading group based in Wilmington, DE, involved in GC product definition and strategic marketing.
In this position, you will be an Expert-level GC Product Manager for the Industry leader in GC. You'll interact with a team of Product Marketing Specialists, Design Engineers and top Scientists engaged in developing advances in gas chromatography. You will be responsible for new product definition, commercialization, product lifecycle management, pricing, forecasting and promotion. You will play a key-contributing role in establishing the growth strategy for GC at Agilent.
To succeed you will:
· Conduct market research to define new GC products. Act as a voice of customer, using clearly articulated communication, persuading stakeholders and team members about user needs, application drivers and trends in the market that frame the future direction of GC.
· Act as marketing lead on new product development teams throughout the product development lifecycle. Develop business case justification and supporting sales forecasts. Establish part structure and product compatibility within product portfolio. Establish sound value proposition and core messaging platform.
· Evolve your sphere of influence by interacting with our sales and marketing channel, to plan and execute worldwide strategic commercialization plans, working as a team with Outbound Marketing and field staff. Provide product marketing training globally as needed.
· Interface cross-functionally to establish strong connections with R&D, quality, support, manufacturing, applications, sales and service. Take initiative and overcome obstacles to solve problems and facilitate strong communication channels. Assure alignment of business strategy for your product across all these functions. Drive share of mind for your product across these functions to guarantee success and growth of your product line.
· Thrive in a team environment, working towards a common vision and goal. Take initiative to proactively drive programs independently. Take reasonable risks and continuously learn and improve your performance.
Qualifications: • Advanced university degree level (PhD desirable) in Chemistry or related science
• 5+ years experience working in a GC laboratory environment in one, or preferably more application areas or industries
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Business acumen and lab supervision or experience in business management is desired
• Previous experience developing or commercializing GC products is a considerable advantage
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.