As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be making a lasting impact for the IBM Security business unit. By understanding our customers’ security challenges and needs, you will engage global businesses with use cases and solutions to help protect their most critical systems and data. Work hand-in-hand with Sales, Product Management and Performance Marketing to team up with domain experts and deliver go-to-market strategies and real results you can be proud of.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
A Day in the Life Essentials
- Positioning – Identify and develop messaging and positioning that uniquely differentiates IBM Security solutions to address our customers’ challenges and needs
- Sales and marketing creative – Create and develop messaging documents, collateral, whitepapers, presentations, videos, blog posts and more to communicate the value proposition that IBM Security offers
- Go-to-market launch – Plan GTM launches and manage the cross-functional execution of plans with global Sales, Product Management and Performance Marketing
- Communications – Work with sales and marketing teams to broadcast our message to the market, across the organization, and our partner community
- Market intelligence – Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to beat them; communicate directly with our customers to learn and understand their evolving challenges and needs
- Demand generation – Support the strategy and programs that create interest for IBM Security solutions across all market segments
- Industry leadership – Represent the company at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, on social media, and as a spokesperson for analyst and press coverage
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Marketing & Communications
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Product Marketing Professional
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of Security or applicable industry experience
- 5+ years of solutions marketing, product marketing, product management or applicable experience
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate/align technical features to customer needs
- Exceptional knowledge of sales, marketing and development processes.
- Demonstrated leadership, sales support, project management and training skills.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills including demonstration skills to handle many assignments simultaneously
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Subject matter expertise in the domains of insider threats, identity and access management, data security, and/or user behavior analytics
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated people and management skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams and third parties
- Expert in forward thinking and market research, and should possess strong problem-solving skills
- Able to develop effective relationships and operate with senior level management
- Efficiently work under pressure and deadlines, and stretch extra hours to complete assigned task
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?