Director of Innovation Client & Portfolio Management
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As the Director of Innovation Client & Portfolio Management you will lead a team responsible for championing a culture of innovation across all levels of Premera. You will partner with company leadership to identify, prioritize and socialize innovation opportunities, solutions and programs.
In this position, you will lead the idea pipeline prioritization, create communication and marketing opportunities for the innovation team in collaboration with internal marketing teams, demonstrate thought-leadership, inspire ideas from internal and external sources, and represent Premera as an innovative partner and thought-leader in healthcare.
What you’ll do
- In collaboration with internal Marketing teams, you will communicate and socialize the vision, mission and efforts of Premera’s Innovation and Investments department, across the company and with external stakeholders.
- Identify and lead strategic innovation and thought-leadership initiatives locally and nationally, and represent Premera in innovation fora, conferences, and social media, organize and facilitate workshops, events and conferences for the Innovation Team and Premera.
- Build strong relationships, trust, and collaboration with business partners at all levels of the company to define and prioritize annual and semi-annual strategic innovation focus areas and initiatives.
- Create communication and marketing opportunities with internal marketing teams for the Innovation team internally and externally, including overseeing campaigns for Premera’s crowdsourcing idea platform. Regularly track and communicate status and metrics for Innovation initiatives and updateinternal and external stakeholders on competitive landscape.
- Work with external clients and community partners to drive awareness of Premera’s innovation capabilities, identify and select innovation projects, and continuously manage external relationships and activities.
- Partner with strategic investments team to integrate innovation efforts into investment activities.
- Recruit, retain and develop talented, creative team members to accomplish business objectives.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years’ work experience. A MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience with increasing responsibility within the health, start-up, entrepreneurial, high-tech or consumer products industry, including, five (5) years of management/team leadership and five (5) rapid developments of innovative, market-focused products and solutions.
- An ability to positively influence to gain buy-in to mission and agenda. An ability to advance an agenda and project with agility while achieving organizational buy-in and stated end-results.
- Demonstrated success at driving awareness and effectively communicating divisional goals, activities and status to broad, complex organizations.
- Broad experience with the healthcare ecosystem; preferably from outside of the payer world.
- Proven experience in working for a mix of startups and large organizations.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking