Bowhead Communication Services seeks a Project Manager who will be responsible for the day to day performance of the assigned contract. These daily duties will include the coordination, planning, hiring, staffing, contract management, growth, and financial performance of this contract. In this position, the Project Manager will have daily contact with both contract employees and customers throughout the United States and will ensure all contract requirements are met. You will also be responsible for ensuring all employees are properly managed and performing within the contract scope. The Project Manager will be required, as needed, to participate in contract opportunity research, proposal writing, pricing, review, and submission for Bowhead. Qualified individuals must have a strong motivation to build a productive relationship with the customer and be customer service orientated.
Essential functions will include:
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively; working independently with little direction using sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Manage technicians installing, operating, maintaining, and restoring equipment and systems in a serviceable condition.
• Establish a chain of command structure to designate responsibility for smooth contract performance.
• Manage the development and maintenance of contract deliverables (including Maintenance/Repair Log, inspection records, cable installation/repair test results, and other required records).
• Implement overall policy matters affecting operational aspects of the contract, including the ability to initiate, implement, and change internal project procedures necessary to fulfill contract requirements.
• Must possess a global knowledge of telecommunication installation projects.
• Responsible for invoice accuracy, monthly reporting, and ad hoc reports as required by the Company and customer.
Requirements • Bachelors’ Degree is preferred, however a High School Diploma or GED is required at a minimum. Prefer certificates of completion from a Telephone Company; Military sponsored training or higher educational institutions in the telephony industry are highly sought.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in telephone installation including voice/non-voice communications, telephone key systems, and communications equipment is required.
• Supervisory / leadership experience required. Prefer leadership experience operating under government contracts and working within the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Experience with Government contracts is preferred.
• Must be responsive, reliable and detail-oriented, possess good judgment, and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to accommodate fluctuating workload requirements, effectively managing labor, material, and other direct costs, to ensure successful contract performance within established budgets and timelines.
• Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD, including updating cable plant drawings.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with employees, vendors, subcontractors, clients, and supervisors.
• Must possess knowledge/awareness of OSHA compliance, safety standards, and proper use of tools and equipment.
• Must be able to engineer and design inside copper and fiber cable plant systems.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service and interact with coworkers and clients courteously and professionally as well as set priorities and provide direction that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency.
Travel may be required for this position. Company will check the motor vehicle records of any offered job applicant where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes. The applicant's job offer may be contingent upon this driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records based on the application, resume and residency information provided by the applicant. If driving is required for the position and the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, or has a driving record that does not meet or exceed the criteria required by the Company and/or the Contract/Task Order, the applicant will not be eligible for hire.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust (NACI) level. US Citizenship is a requirement.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.