Date: Oct 26, 2017
Location: Erie, PA, US, 16530
Job requisition: 7962Share this Job
Provides leadership and is accountable for the performance and results of a team within a single complex operation, function or program.
- This position will be responsible for assuring that the services within the IT Technology Application Section are met.
- The areas of responsibility will include the maintenance of services for Exchange, Sharepoint, Enterprise applications, Disaster Recovery Planning and execution and the Enterprise System's Management teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages overall operations of designated area of authority. Interviews, hires, trains and directs personnel. Prepares and conducts performance assessments, coordinates discipline and oversees Employee development as required.
- Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions to execute and achieve the vision for area(s) of responsibility focused on continuous improvement. Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. alignment to overall division and corporate strategies.
- Implements resource and policy formation in functional areas of responsibility. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
- Manages relationships with multiple audiences including business and IT partners up to the Director. Periodically works directly with Agents, Policyholders for feedback, input or problem resolution. Serves as the day-to-day relationship manager with vendors. Could manage one or more vendor contracts.
- Ensures responsible functions quality and service level standards are on par with division and corporate standards.
- Keeps abreast of emerging trends, disciplines and technologies. Uncovers and implements strategies to compete and remain competitive in the industry.
- Provides input to the annual budget, ensuring that performance objectives are met at the lowest cost. Continually monitors expenses throughout the year and revises expectations as needed.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four year related experiencerequired. Advanced degreepreferred. Prior supervisory or leadership experiencerequired. In-depth knowledge of related IT disciplines required. Seven years experience in related IT function or seven years business experience and successful completion of ERIE's IT Leader Program required. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software required. Completion of relevant designations or training preferred.