IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in SAP Practice - If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
Job Profile of a Senior HCM Payroll Consultant:
You have a solid business background in your field, hands-on experience in consulting, and SAP R/3 implementation experience in the area of HR (Payroll). Working in this core area of our business you will be instrumental in helping us to continue to be recognized as the premiere SAP implementer in Canada.
- Conducting Fit/Gap analysis and business /process modeling
- Assessing the business and application requirements
- Designing robust business processes considering accepted industry practices
- Configuring and testing the software
- Driving the development of functional and systems specifications
- Writing and maintaining necessary documentation
- Actively performing knowledge transfer to client team members
- Communicate and work with people of all levels in a team environment
- Provide support to deployment as necessary
- 6+ years of SAP HCM experience (OM, PA, Payroll and Time management)
- Have completed a minimum of 3 full life cycle implementation of SAP
- Strong ability to understand and analyze HR management process
- Customer service-oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to adapt to changing environments and demonstrate sound judgment in the face of complex challenges
- Ability to work under pressure on simultaneous assignments
- Demonstrated project management experience is an asset
- Previous consulting experience is an asset
- Must be located on-site at IBM office in Bedford, NS.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- please see above
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Associate's Degree/College Diploma