Sr. Client Account Manager (Carrier)
The Client Account Manager - Carrier sells the organization's products or services and maintains relationships with existing or potential longer sales cycle accounts. Primary responsibilities include expanding and developing an account and providing customer service, rather than acquiring new accounts. May be a team leader and provide professional leadership and coordination for team on an account. Accounts are key, highly strategic, and have complex requirements.
Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Responsible for the master strategy for strategic accounts and ensures the strategy is executed. Responsible for developing and exploiting strategic sales opportunities. Responsible for the development and management of all strategic sales activities in assigned areas and efforts to meet Company revenue objectives.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Sell Alaska Communications products to new customers by analyzing and evaluating new services and equipment determining potential improvements; identifying appropriate Alaska Communications products to meet needs, developing pricing, presenting to customers; closing and ensuring sales are properly executed and billed. Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with customers to ensure the Company continues to meet customers' telecommunications needs and maximizes associated revenue and profits, to include resolving service, product and billing issues; anticipating the changing telecommunications needs and matching with appropriate products and apprising customers of new products and providing recommendations.
- Manage relationships with all assigned accounts for the purpose of maintaining current revenue streams, and capitalizing on new revenue opportunities.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Generate incremental customer sales by developing relationships with key companies and creating opportunities for Alaska Communications to provide customers' service.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Create and maintain detailed customer profiles and log customer contacts and activity. Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
Customer Focus - An attitude of customer as the key to success, and keeping the customer interests paramount. Being driven by a commitment to customer service that compels us to acquire and retain loyal customers by anticipating and exceeding their expectations.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues. Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's degree or equivalent progressively responsible experience in Sales; telecommunications experience preferred. Plus, six (6) years of sales, business development, business operations or other relevant experience, preferably in telecommunications. Basic Microsoft office skills.