Our client is currently serving a six state area and providing access to over 10,000 products. They provides a wide range of resources. Their team of specialists have the knowledge and expertise to move businesses forward. They are currently looking for a Director of ERP. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of back-off enterprise applications related to Warehousing, Transportation, Procurement, Finance and Accounting functions. In this role, the director of ERP will liaise with key functional stakeholders and business analysts to understand their challenges and provide technology solutions that advance their operational productivity, scalability and ease of systems use. This person is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of Requirements Gathering, Capability Analysis, Solution Design, Process Standardization, Development, Testing and Production Support. This individual will be reporting into CIO/VP of Information Technology.
- Lead a team of business analysts and software developers to support back-off enterprise systems.
- Ability to drive organizational goals and outcomes with focus and a sense of urgency.
- Leads strategic discussions by proactively identifying “pros” and “cons” with team members and others. Provides senior management with translation of a strategic plan into tactical strategies.
- Synthesizes business process requirements and data flow diagrams to provide recommendations to business teams on software, solutions and adoption.
- Manages a portfolio of projects throughout a project lifecycle and within scope, schedule and budget. Works collaboratively with all team members to assign tasks and provides oversight. Proactively manages changes to production systems landscape and associated risks.
- Creates and maintains ERP related systems project portfoliobudgets. Proactively escalates budget issues to management. Assist with annual capital budgeting process.
- Manages the implementation and support of ERP systems using agile methodologies. Responsible for all aspects of project management including planning, budgeting, execution and documentation.
- Ability to identify and manage project interdependencies.
- Provides clear and organized project status reporting to all stakeholders. Coordinates team members to gather information and prepare accurate status reporting.
- Able to manage a team with an expert level of applications/systems understanding.
- Proactively promotes and adheres to standards and best practices in the areas of change management, incident management and system documentation. Demonstrates good understanding of all aspects of IT, including systems, applications, operations and support.
- Participates in new employee recruiting and onboarding process as needed. Works closely with HR on the recruitment process.
- Takes the initiative to self-development. Demonstrates a good understanding of career path and training goals.
- Ability to mentor staff and establish career paths for their professional development.
- Drive collaboration internally within the team as well as with external stakeholders and business partners.
- Collaborate with IT operations in driving development and testing of business continuity plans.
- Serves as a primary contact for vendor support assistance during the project lifecycle as well as resolving issues with vendor. Manages all aspects of pertinent vendor relationships.
Nice to Have’s:
- Experience implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Warehouse Management (WMS).
- Experience implementing ERP software in “Food Distribution” vertical.
- Experience migrating ERP platform(s) from “on premise” to “cloud”.
- Experience managing distributed teams.
- Experience in online collaboration tools such as Confluence, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience in software build management tools such as Git, Junit, Jenkins, Jira, Bamboo, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems or related field is required.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in managing ERP systems and enabling core business processes with a mix of people management and project leadership is required.
- Knowledge of best of bread applications and implementation of complex projects is required.
- Knowledge in SQL databases is required.
- Proven track record in team building, developing and motivating IT staff to meet business goals is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems is required.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal) is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, relationship building skills and influencing skills are required.
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills are required.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead a team.
- Willingness to deal with ambiguity and learn quickly to be effective on the job.
- Successfully deliver work against tight deadlines.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to respond to issues in a timely manner in a 7x24 operational environment.
- Ability to develop organizational policies and procedures is required.