Our client is a global leader in the industrial controls and sensors area.
The company is looking to recruit a strong Manager Product Engineering.
The primary function for the role is to manage the daily activity related to New Product Development, Sustaining Engineering and Custom Engineering.
The Manager Product Engineering will ensures that the team achieves the company strategic plan’s goals (Hoshin Kanri) and objectives related to cost, quality and on-time delivery of existing and new products.
They will promote a culture of continuous improvement and accountability in a fast-paced, growth environment. The will establish and develop an engineering group and processes that are capable of developing new product lines and expanding existing product lines. More specifically the Manager Product Engineering will be;
- responsible for Research and Development of new and improved project. Translates marketing requirements into engineering specifications.
- Responsible for design, documentation and product introduction to manufacturing process, coordinating efforts with Marketing and Manufacturing, and hiring and training staff as needed. Works with global engineering and marketing groups on joint projects, coordinating resources effectively.
- Leads the development of molds, test, calibration, and burn-in equipment and procedures for new and existing products to improve the reliability and reduce the manufacturing time.
- Continuously searches for new technologies related to the manufacturing and design of to enhance and improve global product lines.
- Undertakes major R&D initiatives as authorized by the senior management review committee. Prepares technical resource, budget and schedule estimates for new products, maintaining a system of budget and schedule control.
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing techniques, wire manufacturing and molding process is required.
- Manages sustaining engineering activities, small product enhancements and contributes with productivity improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to company-wide productivity improvements, directed by the Business System Manger, and human resources initiatives as directed by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Manages and oversees engineering personnel career development, project scheduling and execution etc. and
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the VP of Product and Technology.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
Candidates should possess a B.S. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
with a minimum of 5 years in Product Development Engineering of which three years must be in a direct technical supervisory role.