This is an experienced position in the GIS organization of Arconic. The principal challenges of this position are to participate in the development, deployment and implementation of new and existing business and manufacturing systems, technologies and information solutions; to understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing systems and technologies; and to apply and teach Arconic’s standards, procedures and technologies. The incumbent will participate as an internal consultant to Arconic’s businesses and various customer groups.
This position will also provide primary supervisory functions for the Service Management Office deskside resources within the incumbent’s Business Unit or Region, or GIS central organization.
- Work alone or as part of a team to implement, evaluate, procure, and/or support business and manufacturing computer systems and information solutions that meet the needs of the customer and add the most value to the company. This is to be accomplished by utilizing technically sound methods of investigation, analysis, design, planning, and scheduling.
- Provide reactionary support and/or preventive maintenance on the business and manufacturing systems in assigned area(s) of responsibility, with minimal supervision.
- Provide advice and counsel to the customers of the business and manufacturing systems in assigned area(s) of responsibility, and to otherlocation business, manufacturing, local technical, or GIS personnel.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the manufacturing and business processes in area(s) of assignment; participate in, and learn how to perform, the analysis of the customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Utilizing electronic daily management boards, lead the team to meet critical business metrics across the BUs and RUs.
- Manage the Service Level Agreement (SLA) process in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Operate within Arconic IS standards and conventions and applicable Arconic BU/RU IT standards.
- Follow appropriate methodologies, support processes, and procedures.
- Comply with all guidelines detailed in the IT ASAT/PSAT (with a specific focus on business partnerships, change control, disaster recovery, and security) for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Pursue continuous learning consistent with the movement in the job requirements and changes in technology.
- In addition to individual priorities, manage a single business or manufacturing system service or smaller project including project estimates, status communications, and schedules; execute the plans including frequent review with immediate supervisor.
- Lead the discovery, planning and implementation of process improvements in individual tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years prior work experience in Information Systems/Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years prior work experience working in a cross-functional team with multiple business units.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Basic understanding of service level-based IT Support Chains
- Strong human relation skills, and be able to interact with internal and external customers, other support groups, BU or location manufacturing management, and GIS management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide work direction to teams.
- Resolve all customer communication problems and coordinate activities until complete.