Together, M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust, a part of M&T Bank Corporation, represent one of the country’s leading depository and lending franchises, a premier wealth advisory firm, and the partner of choice for corporate transactions and structures. As one of strongest, most successful companies in the U.S financial services industry, M&T continues to grow, offering value to our shareholders and opportunity to qualified professionals. Join our team of over 15,000 professionals and you’ll understand what drives our longstanding success: a promise of exceptional client service, a commitment to our communities, a focus on building long-term relationships, and a dedication to being the best employer you’ll ever have.
Title: Middle Market Relationship Manager
Location: Binghamton, NY
The Relationship Manager will be responsible for an assigned portfolio of loan and/or deposit relationships with major businesses within the Binghamton community. In this critical role, you will generate new business and cross sell, administer and service existing business relationships.
- Service customers seeking loan and/or deposit relationships with the bank. Interview applicants to develop information concerning their businesses and requirements, evaluate credit information and make relationship recommendations.
- Maximize the department’s profitability through the maintenance of a high quality loanportfolio. Follow current loans to ensure conformity with terms; maintain current and complete credit file.
- Participate in a formal call program to develop new loan, deposit and fee based business.
- Follow market trends and developments to increase the bank’s business in established and developing markets.
- Represent the bank in civic and community activities.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Bachelor’s degree level or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, four years relevant work experience
Five years of commercial sales or relevant work experience
Prior credit / underwriting experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel using diplomacy
Ability to sell effectively to prospects, clients, managers and peers
Excellent presentation skills
Working knowledge of personal computers to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
Current experience in a similar role with a large financial institution
Current experience in the position’s geographic region
We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply