Senior Manager or Manager, Revenue Cycle Consulting
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and then we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
ECG has spent more than 40 years helping hospitals, health systems, AMCs, physician groups, and management services organizations to optimize their revenue cycle. We recognize that a successful revenue cycle is not just about the billing office, but rather the complex interrelationships of providers, staff, and administration. To that end, our approach is comprehensive, focusing on people, process, and technology. Our revenue cycle team is supported by experts in our Healthcare IT and Managed Care practices, ensuring that our clients have the right technology in place to optimize collections and enhance the patient experience, as well as the strength to negotiate payor contracts that are capable of adapting to a changing environment.
Our Senior Managers are leaders within the firm and viewed by clients as the go-to people and problem solvers. The ideal candidate will have strong acute/inpatient revenue cycle experience and be able to frame large revenue cycle improvement engagements. Physician/ambulatory experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
They are expected to:
- Manage multiple engagements and teams and assume ultimate responsibility for high-quality client deliverables.
- Lead meetings and presentations for senior client leadership.
- Manage the preparation of complex proposals.
- Oversee the design and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Establish firmwide thought leadership and methodologies within revenue cycle services.
- Contribute to firm growth by identifying and pursuing follow-on and new business opportunities targeting revenue of $500,000+ per year.
Successful Senior Managers may progress to the Principal level, where they can become shareholders of our solid and growing privately held firm.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare industry
- 10+ years of revenue cycle hospital or healthcare consulting experience
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems, directing and managing individuals, and completing challenging projects
- Track record of managing multiple engagements, including work plans, deliverables, budgets and schedules, and accounts receivable
- Viewed as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, speeches, and articles)
- Demonstrated focus on staff development, coaching, and retention, with a refined ability to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or a health-related field preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex revenue cycle issues to relevant stakeholders with limited understanding of revenue cycle processes
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 70% of the time