In this position, the Sr Manager Accounting – At Home Services will be expected to provide financial leadership, direction and analysis to the functional management team. This position will be responsible for developing strategic direction, operational reporting and leading a team of professionals during monthly close process.
- Lead the At Home Services Accounting team
- Gather, analyze and validate data to make decisions and drive process improvements
- Excel in associate engagement as well as the evaluation and development of staff
- Participate in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage
- Drive thought leadership to manage solutions to improve the overall business
- Develop and support a strategic alliance with business partners
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Maintain productivity, key performance standards and manage month-end close process
Develop and utilize analytical, financial and operational reporting
Maintain departmental budget / headcount and resolve associate relation issues Develop, plan and drive departmental organization, goals and objectives Develop and implement ongoing systems initiatives
Drive process improvement Develop, train and coach associates
Self development and networking
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Vice-President - Corporate Controller
Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Examples include: telephone operator and file clerk.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- CPA preferred.
- Prior experience with process improvements and project management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Thorough working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of business and management. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that support the objectives of the company
- Ability to lead and develop subordinates
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments and levels of associates through both verbal and written methods
- Critical thinking skills; using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, applying general rules to specific problems.