We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Senior Financial Business Analyst leads the development, implementation, maintenance and utilization of planning and analysis software including EPSi and custom developed databases, datamarts, reports and dashboards. This position also creates and completes financial performance and benchmarking analysis, using tools and methodologies developed by the Financial Performance department.
This position further serves as an internal business expert specifically for EPSi financialreporting and analysis tools. As an internal business expert, the Senior Financial Business Analyst is responsible for working directly with clinical, financial and operational departments across the Ministry to identify and address the need for financial performance analysis solutions.
Integral to the success of this position will be the ability to facilitate dialogue between Finance, MTS, operational departments and other Mercy service areas.
The Senior Financial Business Analyst will perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Create and complete financial performance and benchmarking analysis using tools and methodologies developed within the Financial Performance department.
Lead the development, implementation, and utilization of financial performance analysis tools and solutions. This includes developing reports and tools, documenting processes and procedures, providing user training and troubleshooting technical issues.
Develop, validate and maintain data interfaces and reconcile data between EPSi, various Lawson modules, Mercy Data Warehouse, custom developed analysis tools and other systems as needed.
Perform day to day maintenance for EPSi application including but not limited to testing for upgrades and patches, trouble shooting, and maintaining reference tables/fields in accordance with Lawson Financial and Payroll modules and Mercy Data Warehouse standards.
Develop and implement new functionality and advanced analytic capabilities of the EPSi application.
Lead collaborative work efforts with community-based Mercy Finance teams, MTS, operational departments and other Mercy service areas.
Effectively communicate the status and impact of changes to financial performance analysis tools and information.
Keep current with new technology, which is appropriate and capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of Mercy Health System.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience:Six or more years experience in accounting or financial analysis, ideally in a multiple-facility health care environment. Six or more years experience with standard report generating and data visualization tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, Lumera, or Tableau.
- Other: Thorough understanding of relational database structure and design. Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and effectively allocate resources between multiple projects.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Experience with EPSi application.
- Experience creating and utilizing data interface mechanisms
- Experience with database management systems such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
Requisition ID 2017-748392