This position will focus on managing, growing and improving the clinical programs within O&M�s Clinical and Procedural Solutions business line. The candidate will utilize a combination of clinical experience, OR product knowledge and general business acumen to support CPS sales teams. The candidate will also assist field sales representatives in building and maintaining clinical relationships with key staff to foster trust, influence sales opportunities, and maintain existing business. Other areas of focus will include assisting in the introduction and promotion of new business initiatives and products; effectively consults to help solve clinical customer issues; and handles requests for information and materials as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Observes surgical procedures and supply chain flow around procedures to develops recommendations in alignment with business goals and objectives, including cost savings opportunities.
- Provides recommendations for the standardization of packaging.
- Reviews supply chain processes and provides recommendations to eliminate or decrease inefficiencies.
- Leverages process (LEAN) methodology to provide operating room, management, sterile processing and supply chain efficiency guidance/recommendations.
- Utilizes Association of Peri-Operative Registered Nurses (AORN) Standards and journal articles to support clinician recommendations.
- Ensures all resources: salesforce, analysts, clinicians and marketing resources have all required tools and information no less than two weeks prior to client program reviews (INSIGHT).
- Develops standardized protocols for clinical programs and coordinates multiple business reviews (INSIGHT) simultaneously; ensures data and reports are organized at review conclusion.
- Presents products to health care workers in health care settings; assists at company trade shows; and performs other clinical support functions for internal departments as requested.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on all nurse consultants (clinicians) regarding credentials and vendor requirements prior to deployment to each facility.
- Develops continuing education programs to support field selling efforts and strategic customer segments.
11. Maintains highly effective clinical relationships with key healthcare facility decision-makers and personnel in positions of influence.
- Provides technical and clinical support to all sales team members as directed. \
- Trains internal teams i.e. Prototyping and Quoting on product knowledge; acts as subject matter expert to internal teams as required.
- Assists in the training and mentoring of newly hired sales representatives and newly hired clinical consultants.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through attendance at educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring sound business processes and internal controls that enable the achievement of business objectives, minimizes risk and ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration or related field is preferred
- 2. Eight plus years of experience in peri-operative nursing position
- 3. Prior consulting experience preferred
- 4. Sales experience in medical supplies preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1. Must manage a diverse team both on-site and remote
- 2. Business management and experience reading Profit & Loss Statements (P&Ls) preferred
- 3. Demonstrated understanding of the sales process in a healthcare/technology environment.
- 4. Strong goal/action orientation
- 5. Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- 6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 7. Ability to analyze, conclude and measure performance
- 8. Financial analysis, management skills
- 9. Ability to develop and lead multi-functional projects
- 10. Strong customer relations skills
- 11. Ability to manage ever changing environments
- 12. Ability to influence and persuade others at all levels
- 13. Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite