MDA Information Systems LLC has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level EO/IR Engineer in Reston, VA. This is a full-time customer-site position providing support to a US Government agency.
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA is an industry leader in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery form the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
To be qualified candidate must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI Clearance with a CI Poly.
- Full-time customer-site position providing Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) engineering support to a US Government agency
- Provide expertise in terrestrial-based technical collection using EO/IR
- Perform algorithm development and analysis to evaluate collection capabilities
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- B.S. in engineering or related, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of technical professional experience in the DoD/IC
- Expertise in using EO/IR sensors and image processing technology in support of technical collections
- Experience using Matlab, Python and other signal processing tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A Master’s degree in engineering or related
- Advanced weapons systems experience
- 10 years of experience in the DoD/IC
- SETA experience