Teradata is looking for a DevOps Automation Engineer to join the QueryGrid team. Teradata QueryGrid enables seamless, high-performing data access, processing and movement across systems in heterogeneous analytical environments. It allows users to combine and analyze data from any connected data source, such as Teradata Database or Hadoop, using a single SQL statement. Teradata QueryGrid won the Best in Biz Award, voted ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year’ in 2015 and is used by some of the largest companies in the world. The QueryGrid Team is looking for someone to take build, test, release, and deploy automation to the next level. Join us today!
• Automate the on-demand provisioning and configuration of QueryGrid environments for development and test using virtualization and physical servers. This includes provisioning environments in AWS and Azure.
• Work with DevOps Engineers across the organization to leverage the infrastructure and automation tools that already exist.
• Setup and manage cloud and on-premise environments required for product testing, workshops, hackathons, conference demos, and customer POCs.
• Manage and improve the automated Continuous Integration and Release processes for QueryGrid.
• Collaborate with product engineers to resolve connectivity, performance, and stability issues.
• Productize Ansible playbooks for use by Customers, Partners, and Vendors.
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following qualifications:
• Experience with CM or deployment tools such as Ansible
• Experience with build tools such as Gradle
• Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation systems such as Jenkins or TeamCity
• Experience with SQL and database administration
• Experience with Hadoop
• Ability to craft well-designed scripts in Python and Linux shell scripts
• Linux system administration and knowledge of Linux tools and utilities; experience diagnosing server processes or applications using Linux-based tools
• Ability to manage git repositories and workflows, including branching, tagging, and releasing;
• Knowledge of open source container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Hands-on experience using AWS and Azure.
• Experience working with REST APIs.
The minimum requirements for this position are:
● BS Degree or MSDegree in Computer Science/ or otherEngineering related major with 0 to 3 years of relevant industry experience or internships.