In this role, you have the opportunity to
Reliability Engineer will work with R&D product development teams to implement and champion DfR activities and initiatives, develop reliability requirements, establish product level reliability programs, and perform appropriate analyses to ensure that new products meet all of the requirements
You are responsible for
• Working with the project teams to develop a reliability program plan to document tasks, methods, tools, tests and analyses that are required for the success of new products. (Project teams located at two sites and travelrequired.)
• Working with Manufacturing Engineering to evaluate and qualify new technology and new processes implemented in manufacturing.
• Conducting reliability testing on new and existing products. Highly Accelerated Life Testing and Highly Accelerated Stress Testing to identify product failure modes. Validating and tracking product requirements through development.
• Assisting engineering teams to achieve warranty reduction and improve customer satisfaction by leading quality efforts on problem identification, failure root cause analysis, corrective action development and resolution verification.
• Managing and conducting training and workshops on quality and reliabilityengineering, robustness, and statistics as necessary within product engineering.
• Participating in product design and reliability reviews during new product development to ensure robustness of product design and manufacturing processes.
• Performing statistical data analysis, regression modeling, Weibull Analysis, hazard analysis, reliability target setting, warranty trend analysis and spending forecast for new products.
• Performing Design FMEAs on all new products and recommending design changes to improve product reliability.
• Participation in preparing schedules and work estimates for all project assignments and activities.
• Providing technical feedback to enhance the on-going quality of products and services.
• Effectively meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
You are a part of
You will be working in the Magnetic Resonance RF Coils organization within Philips Healthcare, Invivo Corporation in Gainesville, Florida.
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories.
Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo's strategy for growth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• B.S. Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in new product design with application of reliability tools.
• Solid experience with reliability testing techniques.
• Excellent people skills and ability to work with multiple Business Units and vendors
• Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
• Six Sigma (DFSS) certification Green Belt level or higher is preferred
• Willingness for domestics travel. Estimate 20% - primarily between Gainesville, Florida and Wisconsin office.
• Ability to drive and implement initiatives
• Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
• An action / problem solver orientation
• Ability to effectively communicate complex matters in simply understood terms, both verbally and in writing
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.