This position is responsible for the company’s sales to local and regional Managed Care organizations and other Managed Care related payors in assigned territory. This position is also accountable for meeting or exceeding forecast sales, revenue and gross margin goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Uncovers and closes new business leads/opportunities, qualifies new sales opportunities, fosters and improves relations with customers (new and current), and develops strategies to penetrate accounts to maintain and gain market share within the Infusion market segment.
- Calls on new and existing managed care accounts to develop new business and grow existing business.
- Increases sales and improve profit margins through facilitating and building relationships with managed care organizations, employer groups and otherhealthcare providers.
- Understands fully the assigned marketplace, develops actionable business plans, participates in the formulation of national strategy and programs, and implements national and area strategies.
- Partners with the Managed Care Team, Sales, Operations and Reimbursement to communicate sales problems, geographical business observations, customer feedback, etc.
- Presents effectively to all size audiences. Comfortable delivering all forms of communication including written and verbal, and able to articulate to all company and customer levels. Understands the audience and tailors delivery accordingly.
- Works cross-functionally with the account management team and corporate departments including Operations, Finance, IT and Marketing.
- Prepares and submits salesreports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion. Organizes and manages multiple priorities and/or projects using appropriate methods and tools
- Prioritizes and handles multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Develops, recommends, and implements programs and objectives to achieve business strategies and goals relative to profitability, cost control, and organizational effectiveness.
- Develops, recommends, and implements short and long range objectives.
- Represents the company as appropriate in relationships with customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Processes all required paperwork according to established procedures.
- Answers telephone calls, faxes and email in a professional and timely manner.
- Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager. Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTSEducation:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or equivalent work experience and knowledge is required.
- Minimum five years of successful sales in Specialty Pharmaceutical, Infusion Therapy, Pharmaceutical/ Biotechnology, or PBM/Mail industries.
- Experience in working with health plans
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Highly motivated, confident self-starter with exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to generate and close new business opportunities.
- Ability to work well with all levels of a managed care organization including pharmacy management, medical management, case management and contracting.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing from remote locations/home office.
- Polished, forward-thinking professional with proven leadership qualities.
- Focused, aggressive, high achiever, goal-oriented team player.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent group presentation skills.
- Excellent level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all customers and employees.
- Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality along with sensitivity to customers and employees needs and data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must have scheduling flexibility and be able to work overtime.
- Overnight travel on occasion by car and airplane (up to 50%).