Siemens Rail Automation Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets around the world with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world! Position Overview: Siemens Rail Automation is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to support our Product and Manufacturing operations of R&D. In this role, you will support Testing and Field Service Operations to drive the strategy for software architecture and the software/hardware interfaces during all phases of development for high level and complex projects. This will include development inception to project completion, process improvement and maintenance applying generally accepted design, coding and testing standards and techniques; including requirements and specification requirements. Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction and decisions for complex and broad reaching projects on all software platforms including: Operation Systems, Development Tools, Compilers, Testing tools, etc., to ensure technical standards are met according to company and regulatory standards.
- Interface with other members of the rail R&D community for software design and platform development.
- Work with management to provide technical input on budgeting, financial planning, cost estimates, proposals, schedule creation, schedule leveling, schedule maintenance and technical coordination of multiple and complex high level projects.
- Responsible for the overall vision and strategy for converting system requirements and business objectives into technical strategies.
- Communicates project status, regular project updates and technical needs with management on complex, high level projects.
- Provide formal mentoring and technical leadership for other members within R&D group.
- Leads and mentors team in identifying, quantifying and mitigating risk.
- Provide feasibility, concept providing and prototyping, designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring and documenting software.
- Develop and lead new conceptual ideas for future product developments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 8 years relevant experience in software development including writing requirements, design and test documents. Strong programming skills in C/C++ or other language.
- 8 years of experience in overall software design including using formal software design methods, Version Control, Defect tracking system or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer, peripherals and the Microsoft Office Software.
- Expertise in Logic Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer or other related software simulation/analysis tools.
- Knowledge of hardware, ability to read hardware schematics and ability to perform minor hardware debugging
- Working knowledge and experience with rail industry signaling products and their application, as well as AREMA recommendations.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer: -A competitive base salary -Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of PTO to start -Extensive training along with career development