5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that impact how billions of people around the world participate in the global economy. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond typical technology environments. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a feature team spanning multiple projects critical to our success. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experiencerequired, 6-8years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in Java and one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, developing large software systems, and security software development.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Interest and ability to learn new coding languages as needed.
- Extensive experience with open-source software; contributors and maintainers greatly preferred.
Requisition Number: 1712436