Cloud Systems Engineer
Currently, we are seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO. The selected candidate must have a government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
The Missile Defense Agency JRDC program in Colorado Springs, Colorado, needs a Senior Cloud Systems Design Engineer to participate in managing the implementation of our private cloud infrastructure solutions. The Senior Cloud Engineer must have a passion for cutting- edge technologies including the latest developments in Software Defined Data Centers and automation/orchestration technologies
So what is required of a Cloud Systems Engineer on a day to day basis?
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS or equivalent + 9 yrs related experience, or MS + 7 yrs related experience
- Hands on technical experience with VMware vCloud/vRealize Cloud Management Platform
- 3 years’ technical experience with VMware vSphere in an Enterprise environment
- Experience working with storage such as EMC VMAX storage arrays
- Networking experience
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE or ISC2 CISSP
- Must have a DoD Secret security clearance.