Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Drive physician and patient identification, market development in hATTR, and brand awareness at approval by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans. Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business.
- Effectively prioritize and manage time, activities, and resources (people and financial) to optimize access to and development of accounts with the most sales potential.
- Builds and maintains relationships with physicians by maximizing their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor a call plan, and conducts post-call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach.
- Proactively builds effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from multiple stakeholders; can read people’s emotions and flex communication style. Adjusts their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, market access, and patient care centers to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to build individual account plans on how to approach their customers, achieve sales goals, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; post launch be able to develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
- Executes programs, in-services, and lunch-and-learns for their territory across multiple account types: clinics, infusion centers, and potentially labs.
- Routinely report territory-level market dynamics and trends, including prescriber opinion and competitive activity, to manager and escalates to home office as needed.
- Bachelor’s required: MBA/Science DegreePreferred
- 7+ years of progressive and visibly successful business experience in biotech or specialty pharmaceutical industry.
- 2 plus years of rare or highly specialized neurology or cardiology disease experience is required
- Understanding of patient services, charitable access and specialty distribution mechanisms is preferred.
- A successful track record in pharmaceutical sales/management and/or field reimbursement products that required significant payer and reimbursement involvement
- Experience in supporting biologic therapy administered by a designated health care provider would be a plus
- Experience in driving, leading and delivering upon territory-level cross functional business planning and influencing without authority
- Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Effective at managing complex individualized cases
- Must be comfortable spending 60% of time traveling; some overnight travelrequired
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver's license to be considered
- Must live within 50 miles of the assigned territory;