Food Service Director working in a XXXX located in XXXX.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that is making a difference? Look no further, this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
This position is responsible for overseeing all culinary, safety and sanitation as well as the operations functions for the account. You will manage and lead a team of associates. Additionally, as the manager of the account, you will be responsible for the following:
Plans, directs, organizes, and coordinates the activities of the Food Service Department to provide outstanding dining options to our contracted client, establishes policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for menu formation, food preparation, distribution and service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing, and staff development. Assures compliance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all functions of the food service department and resources.
- Confers with District Manager or other departments regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dining service.
- Interviewing, training, disciplinary actions, competency reviews, staffing and attending appropriate meetings.
- Ensures account is meeting all budgetary targets and forecasts.
- Reviews and implements Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement programs.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coordinating food service operations.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with communicating with hourly staff as well as Executive level communications.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with a sharp focus on client and customer services, as well as building, growing and owning a strong business.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite applications.
Valley Services has been in business for more than 50 years providing food services in 20 states and serving over 250 clients. Over 92% of Valley’s revenues are derived from the Healthcare, Education and Corrections sectors. Valley is the nation’s market leader in the senior nutrition sector, providing home and congregate nutrition services to the elderly. They also operate the nation’s largest USDA approved commissary producing over 300,000 frozen meals a week, specifically for the senior nutrition market.